- Security/First Aid
- Contact Us
The purpose of BTEC Higher Nationals in Business is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualifications aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
The objectives of the BTEC Higher Nationals in Business are as follows:
● To equip students with business skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global business environment.
● To provide education and training for a range of careers in business, including management, administration, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting and finance.
● To provide insight and understanding into international business operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a globalised market place.
● To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
● To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in business, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in business or a related area.
● To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
● To provide opportunities for those students with a global outlook to aspire to international career pathways.
● To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised professional qualification.
● To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field.
● To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
● To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business offers students six specialist pathways designed to support progression into relevant occupational areas or on to degree-level study. These pathways are linked to Professional Body standards (where appropriate) and can provide professional status and progression to direct employment.
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Computing offers students six specialist pathways designed to support progression into relevant occupational areas or on to degree-level study. These pathways are linked to Professional Body standards and vendor accredited certification (where appropriate) and can provide professional status and progression to direct employment.
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma offers the following specialist pathways for students who wish to concentrate on a particular aspect of business:
● Accounting and Finance
● Business Management
● Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
● Human Resource Management
● Operations Management
● Network Engineering
There is also a non-specialist ‘General Business’ pathway, which allows students to complete a Level 5 Higher National Diploma without committing to a particular professional specialism. This offers additional flexibility to providers and students.
Holders of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma will have developed a sound understanding of the principles in their field of study and will have learned to apply those principles more widely. They will have learned to evaluate the appropriateness of different approaches to solving problems. They will be able to perform effectively in their chosen field and will have the qualities necessary for employment in situations requiring the exercise of personal responsibility and decision-making.